20 Questions with Jessica
We've got a new community administratoooooor! Her name is Jessica, she’s from a fictitious place called Gonubie (it’s like, her Narnia or something) and everyone is too scared to invite her to after work drinks because she’s basically a professional snooker player. She also watches enough Breaking Bad to start her own meth lab. Here’s what else you need to know about the latest addition to our online community research panel:
Jessica Lee Wilson
2. Give us a bit of background about yourself (where are you from, where and what did you study?)
I grew up in Gonubie (Yes it does exist- it’s a small coastal town near East London) where I then moved to Rustenburg with my family. I completed my matric here.
After matric I decided to study a BCom in Communication Management at the University of Pretoria. I am currently completing my Honours in Communication Management and I absolutely love it! I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to further their studies in marketing and communication.
3. When did you join ConsultaPanel?
I joined the team on the 3 September 2013, a nice “spring addition” to the Panel.
4. What is your role here?
I am a Community Administrator.
5. What’s the weirdest job you had before joining ConsultaPanel?
I had a really cool job at the University of Pretoria marking papers. Sometimes some of the things students write are hilarious – every so often you get the most creative answers.
6. What do you think about the ConsultaPanel team so far?
The ConsultaPanel team is a group of incredibility talented, creative and intelligent but mostly wacky individuals! I love them.
7. What do you like about the market research industry?
Being leaders in the market research industry, we have access to some pretty powerful information that can really make the difference in the South African market space. I like that I get to be a part of shaping this market space.
8. Do you have any party tricks that you regularly perform (like being able to lick your elbow / shove your first in your mouth?)
Nothing weird like that, but I can give you a good run for you money at a game of pool ?
9. What’s your favourite TV show?
10. What’s your favourite song of all time
I don’t have one favourite I have tons of favourites, I could never pick one. Since a young age I would listen to my dad’s records so I’m fond of the Beach Boys, The Beatles and ABBA. Today I love all genres of music from hip hop to electro to country.
11. Which sites do you browse while drinking your coffee?
12. What’s the best take-away store in SA?
Bravo’s Pizza (it’s on South Street in Hatfield) you haven’t lived until you've had their hippy happy pizza!
13. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
An adventure trip to the South of Mexico to explore the Mayan temples or go see the Northern Lights in Alaska (both are on my bucket list).
14. What’s your dream job?
My dream job has always been to be a Top Billing presenter because the people they get to meet are amazing. They also get to travel all over the world and experience new things and meet new people.
Realistically though, I would like to start and run my own Business Solutions company, one with a fresh young approach to digital PR solutions.
15. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I’m a dog person.
16. Would you rather party all night or sleep for 24 hours straight?
I’d much rather put my best pair of heels on and party the night away with my girls.
17. If you got chosen for the Amazing Race, who would you take as your partner?
I would take my boyfriend. We would wipe out the competition or just have loads of fun trying!
18. Can you do a hand-stand?
No, but I wish I could.
19. Is there anyone at Consulta Research who intimidates you?
Laughs … well no.
Everyone is really nice, including the “Big Bosses”! Consulta is cool like that.
They are incredibly inquisitive busy bodies always with something interesting and new to talk about, there is never a dull moment at Consulta with the researchers around.
Now you know all about Jess! We’re doing our best to get her to share her personal Top Billing audition tape (she says it doesn't exist, we believe otherwise and will be uploading it to YouTube as soon as we get our grubby paws on it).
Now that you have got close and personal with Jess, click here
to see our latest Small Business Index feedback proudly brought to you by the Community Solutions Team she forms a part of.